Uku Paal & Margus Ots
2020 • ISBN 978-9949-460-31-1
176 pp. 150 × 205 mm
The first comprehensive guide to birdwatching in Estonia is now revised and updated (as of September 2020). The book provides information on the best birding sites across Estonia and the best times to visit, as well as including advice for finding northern and eastern specialities.
- The first comprehensive guide to birdwatching in Estonia written by local experts
- Includes travel info, birding calendar and short overview of birding habitats
- Covers the best times to visit and lists the best species of 106 areas across the whole country, including all five National Parks
- 68 maps with GPS coordinates making it easier to find those important locations
- Recommends trip itineraries to see migration, certain species, or certain areas of the country throughout the year
- Fully updated and annotated Estonian checklist, with notes on occurrence, abundance and phenology
- Uku Paal is an Estonian freelance ornithologist and tour guide from Tartu. He is a long-time member of the Estonian Rarities Committee, has a keen interest in bird ringing, photography, field surveying, and identification. He is a founding member of Estbirding – the Estonian Birders’ Club.
- Margus Ots is an Estonian ornithologist. He is the long-time chairman of the Estonian Rarities Committee, and since 2018 chairman of the Estonian Ornithological Society / Birdlife Estonia. Margus is an avid bird ringer and a founding member of Estbirding as well.
„Birding Estonia” has been published by Eesti Loodusfoto and edited by Mike Coleman.
Order Your copy from Krisostomus, Lintuvaruste, Veldshop.nl, Naturbokhandeln, Motacilla, NHBS or connect to authors (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Eestikeelsele raamatut tutvustavale lehele